There are so many things about parenting that I'm unsure of. Things I regret, would do differently, or worry are scarring my kids for life. But the one thing, I know we're doing right:
Our kids know we love them. Well, at least Fynn does, Bentley can't communicate this fact yet, but I can tell.
Fynn tells us she loves us multiple times a day. She'll grab our faces out of no where just to plant a kiss and say "love you". The other day I was talking to her about being safe while walking the dog and she said "you keep me safe because you love me, mom". And while the fact that she calls me Mom more and more these days rather than Mama or Mommy makes me realize just how much she's growing up, the fact that she so matter of factly assumes my love for her just melts me.
I'm by no means a perfect mom. Some days I'm the worst. But my kid knows she's loved.
That's enough for me.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Monday, October 12, 2015
I haven't done a post like this for awhile, but it seems like a good time to out some more of my strangeness. You're welcome.
- If you say "cray" or "cray cray" out loud in front of me, I will lose all respect for you. Though, to be honest, if you're the type of person who says that, I probably didn't have any respect for you to begin with
- I don't cut my nails unless they break, and even then I just trim the broken ones until they're decently shaped and then move on with my day.
- Speaking of nails, since having kids I refer to my pinky nails as "booger pickers" and am bummed when they break
- I'm super freaked out that I'll ruin my perfect 4.0 GPA in grad school during these last two classes. Because that would clearly be a tragedy
- I am obsessed with all things breastfeeding. If I could, I would totally bail on teaching and become a lactation consultant, that's how into nursing I am. Seriously, it's facinating stuff and I read any and everything I can get my hands on regarding nursing.