People keep telling me that I'll "turn the corner" soon and start to feel better... I'm starting to think they're all lying because they know I'm going to feel awful for the entire pregnancy.
- Being back at work is rough. Being on my feet all day and the constant stress is making my all-day sickness worse. Luckily my new classroom is right across the hall from my classroom, making my quick escapes a little less noticeable.
- Oh, did I mention my latest grad school class started on Wednesday? Yeah, because more stress will make me feel even better.
- Wednesday was also my birthday. I felt so awful that night that I couldn't even eat my birthday cheesecake. Drew was so sweet and bought me cake, dinner, and gifts... and all I could do was lay on the couch and feel miserable. Happy 28th birthday to me.
- I'm debating about telling my students I'm pregnant. Pretty sure some of them already know. I've had a few very pointed stares at my belly the first couple of days of school and then they stare at me with a knowing smile. Maybe it's just pregnancy paranoia, but I'm wondering if I should just confirm it... on the other hand, telling them means dealing with the questions and their worries about when I'm leaving and if I'm coming back... so I think I'll wait a little longer.
- I keep waiting to feel this baby move! Everything I've read says that 2nd time moms usually fell first movements between 12 and 16 weeks... nothing yet thought. I'm just hoping that less movement means this kid is going to be super mellow, unlike it's sister!
- This week baby is the size of a navel orange, about 4 inches long and 2.5 ounces.