1) I have somehow achieved that coveted pregnancy glow and in fact look absolutely wonderful
2) I look like such hell that people feel the need to pay me complements because they're severely worried about my self-esteem.
I'm tending to lean towards option 2 there since it goes along with how I feel. As a reminder, here's my 32 week bump pic:
Please notice a few things:
1) the bump that has outgrown the maternity shirt- with more than 7 weeks to go, that's a scary thought.
2) the forced smile- because at that exact moment Bentley was in his favorite position; headbutting my hipbone while digging his toes right into my ribcage. It's cozy, I swear.
3) the location: another bump pic taken in the bathroom at work since it's the only place I can pee in peace these days.
4) the eyes- you may have to zoom in for this, but my eyes are a big bloodshot from lack of sleep the bags are bigger than the bump- super attractive
What you can't see:
1) the "glow" I get when walking more than 20 feet at a time
2) the slightly hunched, hand on the lower back, stance I sport while standing for more than 2 minutes at a time to make sure I don't actually topple forward from the weight of my stomach
pathetic slight waddle/shuffle I've got going on as I walk due to another human being keeping his head right there when I move.
All in all- it's a glam and gorgeous look I've got going on, yet everyone keeps telling me how great I look. Therefore I am soaking it in, because it's easier to accept the compliment than to answer the #1 question these days "how do I feel?".