This month has been full of first that are really seconds. Things we experienced with Fynn that are just so different with Bentley.
- At Fynn's 2 1/2 year check up last Wednesday I coaxed the nurse into weighing Bentley and found out that he was a whopping 7 lbs 6 oz... and moms who gave birth to babies over 7 pounds are laughing at me right now, but just consider the fact that he's gained almost 2 pounds in his first month of life. Impressive, right? He still wears newborn diapers and clothes and a couple of the preemie outfits he wore earlier in the month still fit. For the first 2 weeks, preemie diapers and clothes were the only thing he could fit into.
- He sleeps pretty well most nights (you know, for a 1 month old). Most nights we get one 4-5 hour stretch of sleep and one or two 2-3 hour stretches.
- He is becoming much more alert and is awake for longer and longer stretches during the day. He makes great eye contact and I swear he smiles at Drew... and only Drew (the stinker). And yes, I know, it's too early for real smiles, it must be gas. Except it's not. He consistently smiles when Drew talks to him and makes noises. Ergo; smiles
- Big sister Fynn is still desperately in love with her little baby. She wants to hold, cuddle and kiss her little brother all the time. When he cries she says "what's wrong with he?" and tries to get me to help him... her guess is almost always that he wants more milk. She's a bit of a mess herself; super clingy and somewhat nervous, but she loves on Bentley with all of her little 2 1/2 year old heart.
- Bentley loves tummy time and is ridiculously strong. He can lift that big ole' dome nice and high and turn from side to side which seems like a lot for such a little dude. Tummy time is usually shared with big sister who likes to lay down with him and show him toys and talk to him- adorable.