Hard to believe how quickly 3 years have gone by. I know, so cliche, but it's really true. Fynn is an amazingly bright, funny, sweet, and stubborn little girl. I am so proud to be her mommy... even though she so often drives me absolutely crazy.
- Fynn is also known as: Fynnie, Fynnie-Mini, Buggy, Buggy-Girl, Bugaboo, and Sissy.
- She wears size 3T clothing, but fits into 4T as well. She is surprisingly tall considering her average sized father and petite mother.
- Fynn doesn't eat much besides fruit, yogurt, cereal, and toast. Her recent fav is sausage, and she asks for it every night. It's pretty much the only meat she eats although she'll sometimes also eat deli turkey. Meal times are a little rough, since she doesn't like to try things that aren't on her "approved list". She does like snack and will eat apples, bananas, watermelon, mango, strawberries, etc as her only food source if we'll let her. Not that I don't like her eating fruit, but she needs to eat some other foods too!
- She fights naps, much to my chagrin, but is usually okay with having "rest time" in the afternoon. Sometimes she REALLY needs to sleep, but doesn't... and then the fun begins.
- She kills me with how smart she is. She picks up on things so quickly and is constantly saying and doing things that blow our minds. She can count to 12 now, but likes to skip the number 5. I'm not sure if she forgets it, or is just messing with me, because when I remind her of 5 she either tells me she doesn't like 5 or tries to convince me that 6 comes after 4.
- She knows some of her letters, but is strangely a fan of the letter "H". She notices and points out the letter H on signs, in books, and anywhere else she sees it and gets all excited. I think it started because of the "H"'s on the road (marking fire hydrants), so H was her first letter.
- Talks up a storm. Lately chipmunks have been "shipmunks" and nail polish is "paul-nalish". Despite some incorrect words, she just talks so much like a child and not like a baby anymore.
- She loves watching Team Umizoomi which has actually taught her a lot about shapes. She knows random shapes like a crescent and even told me one day that a stop sign was a "lex-agon" which is way closer to a hexagon than a 3 year old should be getting.
- She is an amazing big sister. More than anything else this last year, this is the thing I am the most proud of her for. She went from being the only child, only grandchild, center of all our universes to being a big sister and almost seamlessly. My heart swells and my eyes fill with tears as I think about how much she loves her little brother and how sweet, kind, and loving she has been to him since the second he was born. I know that they'll fight, and be typical siblings, but I also know that they already have an inseparable bond- and that Fynn is the one who created that.